For hundreds of years architects and designers have been inspired by the natural beauty of slate to enhance their designs, for their aesthetic and practical qualities. Although it may seem a more expensive option than other types of roofing, we can always find affordable slate suppliers in Torquay. In addition to its beauty natural slate has other advantages and benefits that convince anyone:
- Its durability may exceed that of the building to which it is incorporated.
- It has a high resistance to both acids and other chemicals, also is completely fireproof and is not affected by fungi, moss, insects, etc..
- It is totally waterproof, and can endure more water than any other type of roofing material.
- It can be used for roofing and is versatile enough to be used in any design. In addition, it is compatible with all types of materials
- It resists extreme changes of temperature, being therefore suitable for all climates.
- It needs little maintenance, which makes it an economic option for all types of buildings, and it is available in a wide variety of sizes, colours and textures.
The beauty and durability of a slate roof remains unchanged over time. That’s why architects are increasingly turning to its use in their designs.